how to display and protect your ketubah
- Check the ketubah to make sure that everything is as you want it. Then, keep the ketubah in the tube until you reach your destination if you are traveling, otherwise...
- Unroll ketubah and lay face down on the paper it was rolled in and place something heavy on the corners to flatten the piece a couple of days before the wedding.
- Sign the ketubah with an archival black permanent pen like the sakura pigma micron black 01.
- To display at the wedding, ask the caterer for an easel. many people put it where the place cards are so everyone can see it but it's out of the way.
- To mount the ketubah for display at the wedding, get a piece of thin foamcore, which you can buy at any art supply store, and cut it a little bigger than the ketubah. Tape the ketubah to it using fresh masking tape loops in each corner in the back of the ketubah.
- Cut a piece of very thin clear plastic, that you can also get at an art supply shop, to the same size as the foamcore, lay over the foamcore and using clear tape, tape along the top like a hinge. This will protect the ketubah at the reception and allow you to sign it by lifting the plastic. after signing, tape along the bottom as well.
- do not dry mount. Frame using archival backing materials and UV protective glass or plexi, hang in your home and enjoy the ketubah for the rest of your life.